Sunday, 2 March 2014

Songs of Submisson by C D Reiss


I have had a reading binge of the Songs of Submission series by C D Reiss.  In total I have read books 1-7 not including the spin off books.  As these are novellas it is quite difficult for me to review them one by one.  Maybe it would have been easier if I had reviewed after reading one book but I was so eager to get onto the next installment that I didn't even think about reviewing them until now.

The Songs of Submission tell the story of Monica, a young woman who is trying to make it in LA as a singer. To make ends meet she works as a waitress in a fancy hotel and it is here that she meets the owner and her boss Jonathan.  They soon begin a 'thing' a relationship is too strong a word to use.  Jonathan admits he is still in love with his ex-wife Jessica and Monica had sworn off men so she could concentrate on her singing career.  But they begin a sexual 'thing' where Monica discovers she likes Jonathan's Dominant side.

The 7 books Beg, Tease, Submit, Control, Resist, Burn and Sing follow their lives and the ups and downs they come across.  The sex is super hot but there is also a story there too which had me in tears in two of the books.  I really enjoyed this series and gave each book 4 stars with the exception of Sing which I gave 3.

Beg is free at the time of writing this so why not try it for yourself.  Here are the links for you Amazon UK and Amazon US.

4 comments:

  1. These serials are addictive and you end up spending more than you would have done for just a full novel :))) I did the same with Not Until You serial by Roni Loren, binged on it, and then bought the whole backlist of her novels. Scary stuff. *sigh* Going to check this one out now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just gone and got the first one of Not Until You which is also free. Mmmm I feel a new binge coming on. Thanks Karina :)

      Delete
    2. hahaha, let me know if it worked out for you, Claire! I've binged on CD Reiss thanks to you :)

      Delete
  2. Great review Claire! :) I've also one-clicked through this serial - it was surprisingly such a great, intense and at times emotional read. Loved it.

    I've read Karina's comments above and went to check Not Until You... the first book wasn't free for me, which I think might be a good thing in my case - no time for "binging" at the moment. I'll leave that one for later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...